We strive to help you improve outcomes in
The intensive care unit (ICU) is a critical and costly environment. We focus on developing user-friendly and reliable solutions to help you provide better, cost-effective patient outcomes for difficult-to-treat patients.
How Getinge can help you in the ICU
Creating a positive healing environment
We help you create a clinically robust, cost-effective environment for patients to heal and recover.
Create a stress-reducing environment
VARIWARD is a modular room concept for intensive care units. It addresses the complex clinical requirements of the unit, while mitigating the anxiety and disorientation that ICU patients and their families often experience.
Get the ideal illumination for your ICU
Lucea LED lighting provides autonomy, freedom, reliability and a small environmental footprint.
Provide optimal access to your patients
MODUEVO ceiling supply units make excellent use of space and resources, streamlining workflows and increasing productivity. It improves access to patients, ensuring that vital equipment and utilities are always on hand.
Give continuity of care during patient transfer
Optimize your workflow in the intensive care environment further using the M-SHIFT infusion transfer system. Transferring a complete infusion system takes less than a minute and liberates the nurses from heavy workload.
Implementing acute care therapies
Getinge offers a variety of tools that can help you make more informed decisions, reduce sedation and enable early mobility.
A hemodynamic picture of your patient
Each therapy decision can have critical consequences. We provide less invasive and more ergonomic tools that help you make proactive clinical decisions, especially in critically ill patients.
Increase blood flow and reduce the heart’s workload
For critical patients experiencing cardiogenic shock or reduced left ventricular function, mechanical circulatory support with intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation (IABC) increases the supply of blood/oxygen to the myocardium and reduces the heart's workload. Getinge's IABC therapies for the Cath Lab, OR and ICU enhance hemodynamic support with improved overall perfusion and mean arterial pressure for hearts undergoing therapeutic procedures.
Promoting early mobility
A growing body of evidence supports the effectiveness of early mobilization. It is associated with reduced length of stay and improved functional outcomes.
Chest drainage for a mobile patient
The Atrium Express Mini 500 chest drain is lightweight and ergonomic for easy patient ambulation. These small, portable drainage collection units with pre-set suction help patients become ambulatory with the convenient, easy-to-wear "get mobile" size. There is nothing to set up, fill or add. Just connect to your patient and they'll be up and mobile quickly.
Did you find what you were looking for?
If not, don't hesitate to contact us.
(1) Navalesi, Longhini F. Curr Opin Crit Care 2015 Feb;21(1):58-64
(2) Kallio M, Peltoniemi O, Anttila E, et el. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2015 Jan;50(1):55-62.
(3) de la Oliva P, Schüffelmann C, Gómez-Zamora A, et el. Intensive Care Med. 2012 May;38(5):838-46.
(4) Yonis H, Crognier L, Conil JM, et el. BMC Anesthesiol. 2015 Aug 8;15:117.
(5) Piquilloud L, Vignaux L, Bialais E, et el. Intensive Care Med. 2011 Feb;37(2):263-71.
(6) Blankman P, Hasan D, van Mourik MS, et el. Intensive Care Med. 2013 Jun;39(6):1057-62.
(7) Patroniti N, Bellani G, Saccavino E, et el. Intensive Care Med. 2012 Feb;38(2):230-9.
(8) Emeriaud G, Larouche A, Ducharme-Crevier L, et el. Intensive Care Med. 2014 Nov;40(11):1718-26.
(9) Bellani G, Pesenti A. Curr Opin Crit Care 2014 Jun;20(3):352-8.
(10) Barwing J, Pedroni C, Olgemöller U, et el. Crit Care 2013 Aug